Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recurring pain after bowel movement

Tom,

The pain you describe may well be related to your biopsy. The biopsy needles have to go through the interconnected parts of your body and may well have nicked a nerve on the way through.

There are very few reports of permanent damage from biopsy procedures, but they are not cmpletely unknown. Soon after I was diagnsed a man was searching the Internet for men who had sufffered permanent injury, claiming that he had erectile dysfunction folowing his procedure. I don't know whether that was so or if he found anyone else with the problem because he never came back to report what had happened.

Have you discussed this with your medical advisor? If so what did they say?

All the best
Terry in Australia

Hi terry,
Have not discussed this in detail with the Urologist, but I am scheduled for a visit in a few weeks. Most concerned to know if there is anyone on YANA with my similar diagnosis & these symptoms that were related to the cancer. Although my experience entry will tell you my biospy results were pretty low at the time back in November, just getting a little concerned as the biospy is just a sampling not an overall check of the prostate.

Tom, In my opinion, after all these years of reading stories, studies and everything I can lay my hands or eye on about prostate cancer, I would say that the chances of this pain/discomfort being caused by PCa is as close to zero as is possible in a disease that has no rules.

I see from your story at TOM F you had a sixteen needle biopsy. That number of needles - 25% more than the normal number increases the chance of injury to the gland and reduces the chance of missing any aberrant cells.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Thanks Terry, that's good enough for me as being very unlikely to be related to the cancer, more likely an after effect of the biospy procedure, but will follow up with the Urologist to be sure!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS