Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cycling after surgery

My experience with biking may not be as encouraging. I rode a bike 2 months after surgery and I was very uncomfortable for a week after. Difficulty walking and sitting for extended time. 6 months later I started riding again, once a week, after a while I started getting a burning sensation after orgasm. My urologist couldn't explain and the condition continued to worsen. A different urologist thought the cause may be inflammation due to riding a bike. I stopped riding and the pain went away. I was happy with outcome of surgery so I don't want to discourage you but I think different input is important when making this decision.

Romy,

I think you have had some encouraging answers there.

You might like read Tim Godfrey's story and mail him with any specific quesitons. He is a keen cyclist and took part in the rather strenuous 100km cycle ride around the Cape Peninsula in South Africa two or three weeks ago.

All the best, whichever road you choose.

Terry in Australia

I am no cyclist, but you mentioned protons as a possible treatment option, so I feel obliged to weigh in. I work out(off and on at this point)and play tennis three to seven days a week. There were no restrictions on ANY of my activities before, during or after treatment. At the clinic where I was treated (UFPTI)they encouraged us to join the YMCA and engage in rigorous physical activity.
I have fully documented my progress to date in an ongoing journal; see http://protondon.blogspot.com/
If you have any questions or comments let me know.
Regards Don O.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS