Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PC HOPE

Would be very interested to hear anyone who has tried the herbal remedy PC hope, my husband has taken it for 20 days and it brought his psa down from 63 to 18!!, I know it's still high but that's pretty impressive.

Re: PC HOPE

This link tells you something about PC Hope.

http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-questions/pcspes-and-pchope

If you like it is a vegetarian or "natural" form of androgen deprivation therapy. As such it is likely to be useful in lowering PSA but I would say don't bank on it working forever or necessarily to bring PSA down very low. As a means of control for the right men, I doubt if it can do any harm.

David in England

Bronty,

Despite what David says, PC Hope does have a potential to cause harm because it is almost certain that the active ingredient is DES (diethylstilboestrol)which is associated with strokes and other heart conditions. This potential risk is mentioned in the Link he has given you.

DES is an effective form of PCa control in my opinion, but the dose and the man's health should be carefully monitored. Compounds like PC Hope seem to have variable doses as different batches have different outcomes.

See PC-SPES for my take.

Be very careful if you continue to use this compound.

All the best
Terry in Australia

Bronty,
I hope your husband is getting treated for his prostate cancer at a prostate cancer center otherwise you are going to experience PC despair.

YES THANKS FOR THAT YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AN EXPERT, PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN WHY WE WILL EXPERIENCE PC DESPAIR?

HAVE YOU USED IT?

Some might consider me an expert in that I understand how most of the drugs and radiation treatments work and can dicuss intelligently with an oncologist the latest research findings. There are a few other posters on this board that I would say have expert knowledge in different areas of prostate cancer.

If you have a cold you can try any herbal remedy you want. If you have a life threatening disease then you should get medical attention first and try complementary treatments second.

And yes I did try a herbal remedy for a while but came to the conclusion that it was not a good idea to take an unknown substance hoping it might help.

but did the unknown substance helped that you took, or did you just stop it, because your doctor or the establishment would not endorse it..?
btw, what was it?

Larry Von

and where did anyone get the impression that pc hope has been "salted" with des which might contribute to its effectiveness? des adultration was an issue with pc spes, but with pc hope, so???

Larry Von,

The question of PC-Hope and DES is covered in the link I gave above to PC-SPES

If you read that you might agree with the warning in one of the links:

"Using these herbal products instead of conventional treatments for prostate cancer could be very harmful to your health."

You must choose you own path, but I beleive, after 16 years in this game, this wouldn't be the best one to take.

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS