Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is the RIGHT Strategy or Philosophy? IMO, the WRONG Way to Look at It

I am going through my experience right now and have felt this site has abeen agreat help to me to help me identify which direction to take. In my situation, I have every option available and I am young (46). I originally assumed I would go the radiation route but in the course of investigating realized that it can be as invasive as surgery and if it does not take, then I have a harder road ahead. Surgery was the last thing on my list but as it has turned out, I think I have the best chance for long term survival/cure with surgery - and I will know exactly what type I had and truly how far it has spread afterwards. Continence and Potency are also very important but the risk is real with any treatment and cure has to be number 1 on my list. I used the spreadsheet of all previous members to help guide me initially and IMO I found surgery had a slightly better track record but also a much longer track record. It's gonna suck for awhile no matter waht i do but at least from the minute I wake up from surgery, I can focus on getting better. There is no right or wrong - it simply depends upon your attitude. This site has been a wonderful help - and I woudl not have known about "Use It Or Lose It" which I plan to follow or about practicing kegels before surgery to help make a quicker rebound after. I owe those things to this site. Knowing aobut them also gives me a little more comfort I will make a rapid and speedy recovery.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS