Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Later used, HT option from 2000 Journal article & seen in 3 patients using it right now

Bob,

I realise that you wrote this in a hurry and you are trying to be helpful, but in reality most men who read this will nnot have any idea what you are talking about.

Can you re-visit and re-post so that it is more legible and understandable - and give the reference to the Journal entry to which you refer.

Many thanks

Terry

Re: Later used, HT option from 2000 Journal article & seen in 3 patients using it right now

Yes alot depends upon your own research or found informations and how you process alot of this new found info. Here is an example of what I am talking about in trials right now (using relaxifene and casodex, similar to tamoxifen and casodex and similar to casodex + estrogen in effectual useages).

Bicalutamide and Raloxifene in Treating Patients With Metastatic or Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer [Recruiting]
RATIONALE: Androgens can cause the growth of prostate cancer cells. Antihormone therapy, such as bicalutamide, may lessen the amount of androgens made by the body. Selective estrogen receptor modulators, such as raloxifene, may work together with bicalutamide to stop the growth of prostate cancer.

PURPOSE: This clinical trial studies giving bicalutamide and raloxifene together in treating patients with metastatic or hormone-refractory prostate cancer
-----------------------------------------------------
Ok link to another Journal piece on this subject matter, but not the 2000 Journal article, this is 2012 from Frontiers in Bioscience E4 and the link I found referencing this is:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21622172

If I get the other source we saw in a seminar, then I will post it herein, soon.

For those of you confused a I am by these posts, Bob is talking about experimental treatments that he and some of the men in a similar position are doing because they believe that conventional therapies have failed to manage their disease.

Bob's story makes interesting reading and is at Robert Parsons He was diagnosed with a Gleason Score of 9, which, as you know is a huge warning sign, pointing to a very aggressive form of the disease. The fact tht he hits GOLD stauts next month, signalling twelve years since diagnosis says much about his determination to find a way to manage the disease.

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS