Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Doctors

Welcome to the Club you never wanted to join John. Four things:

1. If you want to 'meet' men who have used Dr Samadi's service before go to the Site Search Engine and enter Samadi and you will find a number of men who have shared their experience - genrally very enthusiastic.

2. You might then go to the Treatment Index and look for men in Pennsylvania by clicking on the relevant link. By reading their stories and/or contacting them you may get some other names.

3. There are two men who say they keep a register of the best doctors in the US - if you go to Resources and page down you'll see their e-mail addresses.

4. If it is only three days since your diagnosis you should not be looking for a doctor as your fitst search. You should be learning more about what your diagnosis means and what options are available so that you can decie what the best course is for YOU and YOUR diagnosis.

Good luck. Come back any time for specific questions.

Terry in Australia

Re: Doctors

For what it's worth, I'm going to Johns Hopkins, Dr. B. Carter. I met with him last week and left with a renewed sense of confidence. I'll be going in for RRP in mid March.

Johns Hopkins has been ranked #1 in Urology 21 years in a row by US News and World Report, and Dr. Carter is in the top 1% of his specialty, Urolgy/Oncology.

The prostatectomy procedure itself was first developed and performed there, I believe, and of course the nerve sparing approach was developed by Dr. Patrick Walsh there.

I feel as confident as one can going in, and I'm trying to keep calm and stay positive.

Good luck with your decision.

PSA 3.55
GS 7 (3+4)
3 of 11 cores
T1c

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS