Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Testosterone ratio to Estrogen and risk of prostate cancer.

This is from a blog on the site,wwwtestosteronewisdom.com. Elsewhere there is a mention of using T replacement with caution in cases of Pca.

The normal production ratio of testosterone to estrogen is approximately 100:1. The normal ratio of testosterone to estrogen in the circulation is approximately 300:1. Estrogen (measured as estradiol) should be kept at 30 picograms per milliliter (pg/mL) or lower. As men grow older or as they gain a lot of fat mass, their estrogen blood levels increase, even to levels higher than that of postmenopausal women.

Re: Testosterone ratio to Estrogen and risk of prostate cancer.

http://www.psa-rising.com/med/hormonal/estradiolpatch5.html

This is a site which speaks of a small study which suggests that use of estradiol reduces testosterone with fewer risks for osteoporosis and heart problems and, while enlarged breasts still occur, men had fewer complaints regarding hot flashes. That brings to mind the videos I've seen of Dr. Meyers. Maybe I got it all wrong, but it seems he promotes the use of estradiol and Testosterone therapy at the same time. I hope someone can clear this up for me. My primary doctor practices integrative medicine and we kicked around the idea of T. replacement. My urologist said my testosterone will go up now that I'm 'on vacation' from my injections. I decided to take DHEA, which converts to testosterone and estrogen, and my primary doctor has no problem with that.

Jack
USA

Testosterone levels and risk of prostate cancer.

Aloha,
Have you been following Ralph Valle comments? I asked Mike where these articles were located and he gave me
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez
Using "Testosterone Prostate Cancer" brings up many abstracts.
Here are 3 that I found in the first few pages;
Future Oncol. 2009 Sep;5(7):1005-13.
Association between serum sex hormone levels and prostate cancer: effect of prostate cancer on serum testosterone levels.
ScientificWorldJournal. 2009 Jul 27;9:685-90.
Rapidly shifting concepts regarding androgens and prostate cancer.
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2009 Mar;114(1-2):96-105. Epub 2009 Jan 30.
Testosterone deficiency syndrome: treatment and cancer risk.
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS