Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rising psa

My PSA history is as follows: 2001=1.5, 2005=2.5, 2007=3.1, 2/11=4.8, 4/11=5.4 with free of 7% and DRE revealed small, smooth prostate and testosterone of 635, 8/11= 5.8 and 11/11=6.1. Urologist wants to do a biopsy. Will color doppler and/or MRIS reveal enough info to decide if can actively monitor situation? I am considering going to Dr. Ronald Wheeler in Sarasota, Florida for ultrasound and MRI. Does anyone have any feedback on him or Diagnostic Center for Disease? Also, is the MRI worth the added cost over the ultrasound? Thanks

Re: rising psa

Paul,

As far as I know only one YANA Member - MICHAEL DURBIN has said that he consulted Dr Wheeler. As you will see, he last updated his story in March last year and did not respond to a reminder this year.

It is interesting to see that Dr Wheeler felt Michael was a candidate for what Wheeler terms CDM (Chronic Disease Management) which is a version of Active Surveillance but Michael was not happy with that and went to Dattolli.

My personal view of Dr Wheeler is that he seems to be a doctor who does not go along with the majority view and who is prepared to advise his patients to have therapies or procedures that may not be the same as other doctors. His patented PEENuts are praised by many men, but condemned by others as quackery.

Difficult to judge how good he is.

Good luck - if you see him, let us know how you found him.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Re: rising psa

Paul,
You need to get a biopsy. Nothing else will give you the Gleason Score which is critical for you to make the decision to get treatment or go on active surveillance.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS