Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 21+ PC survivor looking for input on PSA

Jack,
I would try the hormone treatment for 6 months (get monthly injections and not the every 3 month type) and see how you react to it. But there is no rush to do that if you don't want to. Often the fear of the treatment is far worse than the treatment itself for most men but not all. You probably found that with the radiation treatment. I have tried the hormone treatment for 6 months and the hot flashes were hard to take at night as it affected my sleep but it was not too bad.

You seem to have a type of PC that is hard to kill off but is not very agresive either so the oncologist is just trying to control it enough so it doesn't kill you before your "best before date."

Re: 21+ PC survivor looking for input on PSA

Thanks for the input. I just sort of feel like I should be doing something to keep it from spreading. I will probably continue learning all I can until my next appointment with my past oncologist, or a new one in 5 months.
Thanks again for your help. Jack

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS