Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOL- example of me buying generic casodex cheaper from Canada, than my co-pay costs via insurance US

This is classical pathetic humor on drug costs, profits and insurance.

I got an Rx for generic Casodex, went to Walgreens here in Michigan (USA) mfg. Teva Co. 50 mg, 60 ct., my co-pay is supposed to cost like $60 on this??? I asked how much? Pharma guy says well it retails for like $320. They only had 10 pills on hand, bought those and co-pay was $10. Decided they were ripping me off so called www.northdrugstore.com (Canada)

They will sell me 50 mg. generic casodex (MHRA-made in the UK) and 84 count (so 36% more) and outright cash price without using my insurance in US dollars is:
$45 + $10 shipping= $55 total (costs less than my USA co-pay, and get more of it and can get reimbursed for 80% or so from my insurance company with the receipt).

They used to say Only in America....well...Only other than in America like maybe Canada. I hate enriching anyone in our expensive medical system, and I wish to save my insurance company money (how careless-LOL).

So my order is in action, they will do it with either a written Rx or existing Rx and with confirming your source and using it on your refills...i.e...transfer you to them as a new customer...all legal too.

(fubar-is the whole drugs and profits thing)

Re: LOL- example of me buying generic casodex cheaper from Canada, than my co-pay costs via insuranc

Here in the UK all drugs are free if you are a cancer patient.
On diagnosis my urologist gave me a prescription for Casodex and told me to get any repeat prescriptions from my doctor. When I went to the pharmacy to get my repeat presciption filled I was given a generic bicalutamide by TEVA. The pharmacist told me that the branded drug cost around £65 and the generic £7.
That is some profit margin.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS