Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Feedback on the ProstaVysion views expressed - Terry's response

Again Terry, thanks for the quick response. I am sure you are right about the content of the studies telling me more than any individual can. Still, this is after all a forum, and it doesn't hurt to get feedback. I have certainly learned a thing or two over the last four years and not all of it has come from studies. For example, just today, Michael Lasalandra (owner of WatchWait.com) had this to say on the subject: "...let me say to those who are interested that Bostwick Labs is highly respected. In fact, I have sent my biopsy results there for second opinions. My medical oncologist who supports my AS 100% thinks he does a better job than Epstein at Hopkins. Not sure about his new analysis technique, however". It is true that it doesn't mean much without the studies, but it was good to hear just the same.

As far as accessing the studies goes, I am waiting for my results to come in. I promised the Bostwick rep that I would call her at that time. When I do, I will ask her to send me all of them. If she is not able to, then I will obtain them one by one by other means. So, being that there are 12 in all, it could take awhile. I will let you know when all of the data has been obtained and reviewed. In the meantime readers, feel free to speak up. I am listening!

Sincerely.
Alan from the USA

Alan,

Bostwick labs do have a good name - they are one of the labs that I recommend for a second opinion - see RECOGNISED EXPERT PATHOLOGISTSBUT they still run a business in a very competitive market and may well believe that their tests can do what they claim to do. General Motors is no doubt a fine company, but I doubt you'll believe all their advertising claims.

As to investigating the Abstracts, you should be able to get most, if not all of them, by using PUBMED If you clip the references in the Bostwick site and paste them into the PubMed search engine, you should get access to the Abstract. you may even be able to get hold of some of the full papers.

Just one small thing - it is easier on the Forum soace if you hit "Reply" when commenting on any post rther than staring a new thread. That way it is easier for anyone to read the entire exchange without logging off one post onto another.

Good luck with your search.

Terry in Australia

Terry, thanks for the advice. I am using "reply" now, and I am certainly glad to hear of PUBMED. If the Bostwick rep does not come through, then that sounds like a major time saver. I appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Alan from the USA

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS