Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Two Questions

Alan's wife - thankyou very much for your response. That really is a great way to approach this problem and I hope I can follow suit if only in a small way. It is very encouraging.
Ken

Re: Two Questions

It is good to hear a positive message about ADT. My GP believes that people should know as little as possible about potential side effects as that reduces the incidence!!

In my case I was very aware of the potential problems and ate very carefully on my first series of Zoladex, going to the gym religiously. So I maintained muscle tone and actually lost weight. I've been less through this time, so have put on a little.

What worried me considerably was the mental issues that are so often reported. This was concerning because I have a genetic dispositionto depression, having had two partculalrly serious episodes in the past. Keeping a very close watch on my mind I found that I did get a bit fuzzy in my thinking the first time around and also somewhat apprehensive about all manner of things with the odd wave of what can only be described as sadness, rather than depression. Nothing serious, nothing I couldn;t deal with.

As these issues haven't recurred on this, my second trip on Zoladex after my ADT holiday, I'm inclined to think that I was paying too much attention to myself the first time around.

Having said that, I'm not suggesting for a moment that all the men who report problemss are simply not dealing with the issues adequately. We are all different, our bodies will react in different ways and there is no doubt that some of these ways make for a very uncomfortable time. These bad effects can sometimes be alleviated by changing the medication.

All the best

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS