Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: pain in thighs

Hi Frank, thanks for the reply. My pain in thighs is about a 2. Sort of like the day after a good hard work out. Arms are weak, meaning I can't hold them up for a long period of time. When I work at my desk my arms have to be resting on somthing to function. Doctors say if it's not on the scan there should not be pain. Actually the pain started before any hormones, (lurpron, caddox) was started. If it's not spread, I'm good with that. But, what he hell is it? I'm really concerned. Also,my PSA was 5.4. from 3.6 18 months ago. Stage is T1C. Every Doc that did a DRE said it felt normal. Thanks, I'm really worried. Love this site.

Bert,
Your PSA doubling time before treatment was greater than 2 years and the PSA was quite low. Your PSA today is probably less than 1.0. Prostate cancer can't be causing your problems.

It sounds as if you do exercise at a high level. Maybe your body can't take that strenuous level of exercise anymore. Whereas a half-marathon was a nice morning run before, now I find just 5 years later that I feel challenged (and aches and pains) by a 5 k run.

Hello, and thanks again Frank. So I must be worried for no reason. I can live with that... hopefully. A friend of Brother's thought it might be a on set of arthritis. But, that also should have shown up as a "hot spot" on the scans. As for a excerise is concerned my wife and I do walk everyday and I now do light free weight work out a few days a week to offset the muscle atrophy that I understand will be coming. Thanks so much for the reply.

Bert,

Many of us, certainly including me, started paying a good deal more attention to our bodies after diagnosis. On the lookout for signs of disease progression, we tend to interpret all the aches, pains and failures associated with aging or caused by foolish sports or activities as the initial signs of disease progression.

Soon after I was diagnosed I have lower back pain, which concerned me as I had just learned that the disease often spreads to the pelvic girdle as a preliminary step to running rampant through the rest of the body. It didn't take me long to realize that this was the same old back problem I'd had for 25 years or more - and some time later I also learned that with my diagnosis, progression, if it occurred, was likely to be measured in years or even decades rather than months.

I agree with Frank's views, with one small caveat. There are no rules in the PCa game and so if you're listening carefully to your body, it is worth checking on anything that seems unusual, without worrying to much! Easier said and done of course, but I've found over my 15 year journey that it does get better over time.

All the best

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS