Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: last stages of prostate cancer

Terry,good bit of advice will look into that treatmnt myself.
Quick update on myself,same problem as John.
Steroids such as prednisone and dexamethasone are bad news on prostate cancer because they defy the laws of Physics,where does the energy come from,well apparently from the back of the thy muscles and at the muscles under the tops of the legs,thus weakening the patient further.
I have found the low dose 12.5 micron 3 day patches to be far superior to 5 and 10 mg oxycontin,oxynorm.
I have been started on 5mg morning and 5mg at night of methadone,works wonders,targets a different pain pathway,the local hospice has had some good results with this tiny dose,that means I am on the equivqalent dose of morphine of 40 mg per day,very low,but improved appetite.
Balancing the correct morphine dose is very important to appetite,not too mutch,not too little.
NOTE these are only my opinions and observations,not nessesarally medical fact.
But go for Terrys link and let us know how you get on ,David

Re: last stages of prostate cancer

To my friend John -

I so far have been keeping ahead of the grim reaper and am damned proud of it. We live in a world of pills and exotic treatments for so many things, however on the advice of my physician here in Arizona he told me (quietly) to buy a bag of good marijuana, cook it into dessert recipes like cookies or brownies and start with 1/2 of one brownie. My appetite and pain went away within 30 minutes. I then ate 2 tacos. AND kept them down. I now eat 3-4 small meals a day and feel better, have a bit more energy , and more than anything my mind is off the grim reaper. Sometimes you just need to remember that Mother earth put things here for us that don't require a prescription and work wonders. This is only a suggestion. Do what you need to for your time on this earth. Be well. I wish you peace my friend.

John in Arizona.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS