Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Misinformation

At the risk of being redundant, I feel I must weigh in and state my surprise at the tone of this initial post. I fully agree with the others that have stated that no better experienced-based, unbiased, website exists.

The statement "for example the qualifications for brachytherapy as posted here are not factual" is out of line in my opinion.

If you go to treatment choices, you find this on the YANA site: (Brachytherapy) treatment is usually only considered to be appropriate for patients whose PSA is below 10, who have small prostates with no palpable disease, and who have a Gleason Grade 6 or less.

That is certainly not a statement of "qualifications" but rather a reasonable description of normal (usual) medical practices.

All the best from the Indiana Dunes, Roger

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS