Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Misinformation

I believe there is a certain amount of misinformation being put out on this website.... for example the qualifications for brachytherapy as posted here are not factual.. you can have brachytherapy with a higher Gleeson score and a higher PSA level than is advocated here.
Further... not withstanding what i posted about my experience, the editor chose to question my rationale for certain therapies which run counter to the actual facts. Again when i mentioned no significant immediate side effects, the editor chose to point out to future unreported possible side effects that may or may not happen.... it would appear that this website is primarily focused on the experiences of one particular area of the world

Re: Misinformation

Steve,

I do not 'advocate' any specific therapy. I try to point to information that may be useful.

I think it would be good if you could be more specific in your critical statments so that I can evaluate what you say are arrors and, if necessary change or edit these so they are correct.

I hope you will do this.

While it is true that the majority of posts are from the US, that is likely because more men are diagnosed in the US in any other country and because the use of personal computers is more widespread in that country.

All the best

Terry

Stephen:
This has got to be one of the most unbiased information portals that anyone with PCa can access. If one reads the survivors stories then you will be able to see the possible outcomes for the various forms of treatments. Some, such as your choice, will have initial positive outcomes and will be faced with later problems and some not. So, please don't "shoot the messenger" and do some research of your own on this truly international site. There certainly doesn't seem to be any flawless choice for dealing with Prostate cancer, otherwise we all would have chosen the same treatment!
Mike from Canada

Well said, Mike.

Don

Wholeheartedly agree with MikeC,no better experienced based website exists.I found it incredibly helpful.
HughJ

At the risk of being redundant, I feel I must weigh in and state my surprise at the tone of this initial post. I fully agree with the others that have stated that no better experienced-based, unbiased, website exists.

The statement "for example the qualifications for brachytherapy as posted here are not factual" is out of line in my opinion.

If you go to treatment choices, you find this on the YANA site: (Brachytherapy) treatment is usually only considered to be appropriate for patients whose PSA is below 10, who have small prostates with no palpable disease, and who have a Gleason Grade 6 or less.

That is certainly not a statement of "qualifications" but rather a reasonable description of normal (usual) medical practices.

All the best from the Indiana Dunes, Roger

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS