Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So how great is Zytiga (Abiraterone) the newer FDA drug????

We are told this is like a new wonder drug and a breakthrough type of thing, plenty of hype and discussion and marketing already. Here is a clue on the AUA 2011 meeting and Zytiga:
http://tinyurl.com/3tw5qat (click to see)

Now I just love the marketing and profits I have witnessed in PCa over the last 9 years, as a contestant in this game of treatments and who profits the most...I find it is really a game. A game whereby patients are taken advantage of, cashed in upon and treated like cattle and using up your insurance blank checks for their new drug protocols (none are cures by the way...some cost $93,000 per year, too).

Here is some info on Zytiga, it targets the same enzyme as does Ketoconazole (dates back to 1970's or so, not even used for PCa useage originally). That enzyme is called CYP17 (you can read about that if interested). Both of them suggest you use Prednisone along with them and in clinical trials (Dr. Myers pooints out they eliminated anyone whom took Keto drug prior..aka...a clue..LOL).

I suggest but cannot prove that Zytiga is likely re-engineered Keto drug with new patent, wow what a breakthrough. Johnson & Johnson controls this deal with their patent, they say this next year 1-billion dollars is coming in from this saviour drug. Compare this for marketing:
Zytiga (pills) around $5,000 a month
vs.
Ketoconazole (pills) as low as $130 a month (www.northdrugstore.com as the source in USA $$$)

Now Keto might not be as potent, but all this is unknown right now and for the price difference you would think Zytiga should be a cure or 5 yr. guarantee of living scenario, perhaps! Dr. Sawyers pointed out the enzyme being the same target in a website blog discussion thing, he invented MDV3100 'super casodex' in Phase III trials right now...I suspect the MDV3100 to be very significant when it gets here. He also invented ARN-509 which he said is even better, we may see it later.

Terry can also atest to the results we see in a few patients using Zytiga right now, at a PCa forum known as PPML. Some patients have had either no response or very, very slow response and one guy had so far zero response. It is appearing in these patients that the drug can take 1-2 months or more to see if it is infact working at all, and in a patient or two on that forum their psa rose during this waiting period of testings on PSA's. So....you might have to wait 2 months to know if it works in you (at $10,000 cost), of course insurance company is paying for many..so who cares??? I believe Keto drug can show results much faster and comparitively almost no charge in costs, because it is so low in price.

This is why your insurance premiums are ridiculous, greedy and goughing protocols put upon patients, without regards as to costs, choices in protocols and hyped marketing. Sure, I could be wrong...let's hope so (LOL), notice most all your newer drugs are the most expensive in history and $5,000 per month seems to be the new target, marketing segmentations. Feel the love of humanity through your veins, this is the hypocratic oath that Hippocrates would be proud to be associated with. (read the original oath for a good comparison, find it on google.) Good luck in fighting not only the disease but your options and marketings.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS