Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potassium and Salt

I just read in the Gerson Theraphy Book that cancer thrives on have potassium and salt ratios, is there any truth to that?

I have to say that with the last year I found myself craving salt and wanting and eating at least two bananas a day.

I was diagnosed 2/4/11. I postponed robotic therapy scheduled for this past Monday because for three months i have been taking a large about of supplements, vitamins amino acid and herbs. My Psa finally stopped going up and went done by a tenth of a point.

I am considering this Max Gerson Theraphy and have begun looking into what foods can contribute to the creation of an Acidic body chemistry. It is my understanding that cancer thrives best in a low oxygen-acidic environment. My Ph is 6.0

Any comments would be more than welcome. I am 50 and when i saw my urologist was respectful but was not buying what i had told him. 7 core positive gleason of six.

Thanks From Staten Island N.Y

Pete

Re: Potassium and Salt

Pete,

There is no definitive information on what causes protate cancer, what specific foodstuffs or body conditions cause it to thrive, what specific foodstuffs or supplements may cause it to retreat. There are many theories, but very few facts.

The whole process of diagnosing prostate cancer, choosing a treatment and measuring the outcome of treatment is uncertain because of a lack of good studies.

If you are thinking of following any of the numerous 'cure-all' diets on offer (some of which contradict each other) be aware that it is not a good diea to merely choose some items out of the diet. If they have any value at all it is in the totality of the diet.

If you are interested in what a well known doctor has to say about the ssue of managing prostate cancer, go along to Comprehensive Management Of Prostate Cancer and/or CHANGES IN LIFESTYLE

Good luck

Terry in Australia

You may be temporarilly able to change the Ph in your mouth and your stomach. What I was told by a reasearcer of nutrition and health is that if you change the Ph of your blood by very much you die; and it would take an extreme diet. We had a fellow in our information group trying to sell us Ph adjusting water makers for about $ 1000 and he claimed that drinking the water cured cancer and almost any other disease known to man (and probably a few more). It is all bunk from what I could find on the subject. Most of the big cancer centers do devote an area on what is worth trying as far as diet and lifestyle changes go which I do try to follow. Basic ideas like less red meat and more exercise are recommended.

Thank you for your comments. I have seen a natural path who gave me the Gerson Program to review it has been around for 70 or so years. Then, i also printed out some information on Ph levels and what food are alkaline or acid. At this time I have begun going back to the gym, (very good for the mind and stress reduction) and have been making some diet changes to include more fruits and vegetables.

Prayer and Meditation will increase as well.

Pete

here is a site that will dispel the acid alkaline nonsense
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/coral2.html
gerson therapy...as yet there has never been any published peer reviewed scientific verifiable documentation of support....'nuf said.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS