Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pomegranate

From memory Sloan Kettering did a small study on pomegranate juice...the results were encouraging but not conclusive, however after reading their results I now keep a bottle of pure pomegranate juice in the fridge and drink as required.

warwick in Oz

A friend of mine has a cousin currently undergoing a pomegranate clinical trial with M.D. Anderson in Texas. I have no idea when results will be available. Since PCa can remain dormant for years this might take a long time. - p (Alaska, USA)

It's been four years since my diagnosis and I have been taking daily pomegranate juice ever since. Most of the time I've been using the concentrate from Agro Labs that I purchase at Costco. It's difficult to be confident about the dosage with that concentrate, however.

I have been drinking 8 oz. of POM Wonderful pomegranate juice from Costco every day since my RRP Last March. Although I love the juice, I am now switching over to POMx capsules to avoid the sugar in the juice.

I use the POM pills everyday. The juice was way too expensive. I'll let you know at my next psa reading if they work as well as the juice did. The pills get shipped to me every 3 months. Hopefully they work as well as the juice did.

Hi Terry
Where do you get the POM pills from? I'm using the juice at the moment but find it far too expensive as well.
Cheers

Has anyone read anything about the results of the Phase III study? There was a lot of publicity from the Phase II but the Phase III study should be completed by now and nothing was reported that I could find. It made me think that the results showed that it had no effect...but I still drink the POM juice hoping that it helps.

The Sloan Kettering examples were drinkng approx 250ml, one cup, per day.
The juice retails here for about $6.50 for one litre, that is 4 doses @ approx $1.63 per day...expensive? I wish I could have coffee for that money.

warwick in Oz

In my case ADT was $1K/mo., seeding was $50K, Ebrt, $125K, and folow up hyperbaric was $185K. I just don't see how a couple bucks a day would cause one to raise a red flag. - p(Alaska, USA)

I get my pills from the pom website. They are shipped from California.pomwonderful.com is the web address.

Thanks Terry

Terry,

I have been having Pom Wonderful juice for nearly two years, but want to switch to pills to avoid the sugar.

I notice you said that you get them on the Pom Wonderful website, but when I go to the Aussie website they don't have pills on there. And if I go to the USA website, I can only enter an American delivery address.

How did you achieve the impossible ?

Brian Watts

Brian,

The Terry who responded to you about POM pills is not me in Australia:-) I think he lives in the US - you can mail him directly at the e-mail address shown on his post.

There are ways to get US products delivered in Australia where the US supplier will only ship to US addresses. There are some Aussie organisations which us a US based organisations to collect the goods and then ship them to Australian addresses on their behalf. We found that a bit pricey. So we used the kind offers of folk we have met on the Internet to help us. We used thier adress and sent them the cost of re-sending them to us by PayPal.

Perhaps US Terry will do this for you?

All the best,

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS