Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good News - Bladder Bleeding Slowed to Stopped

Terry et al,

I think we should be a tad careful about blood in urine. I experienced this, not on a grand scale but enough to seek medical advice and I had the uplifting experienced of a camera being shoved up my uretha to discover what was going on. All fears of bladder cancer (a possible side effect of radiotherapy on the prostate area such as I had)were banished in my case, but I learned that radiotherapy may have caused some collateral damage to my prostate, I presume a thinning of the urethra walls ,which allowed for some bleeding prompted by the friction of urine through the thing.

If it is bladder bleeding (and you need an endoscopy to find this out) and not prostate bleeding such as I have described, that is a more serious situation. My late brother had bladder bleeding caused by bladder cancer caused I believe by his radiation therapy for PCa, so I take it seriously. I can't comment on the red wine issue, except that I drink half a bottle a day for the anti-oxidants as well as the taste! But I really don't think the two things are connected. At any rate, it doesn't seem a good deal to cut out the wine in order (perhaps) to stop the (trivial) and (so I am advised) commonplace, in ones sixties, bleeding.

I suppose I would have to stop drinking red wine for six months to see if Terry's friend's theory worked in my case. But, hey, what about quality of life issues? For all of us it is important to enjoy every day as it flashes by.

David

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS