Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stories on Yana

As most of you know, the YANA site was originally set up to provide basic information in clear language for newly diagnosed men and their supporters (which it still does). But it has grown into a significant resource because men have been encouraged to tell their stories; their reasons for making the treatment choice they made and the outcome of that choice, good or bad.

There are now over 1,000 stories on the site and I encourage the men who tell them to update them at least once a year. Because the site kept me very busy last year, I fell behind with the reminders I usually send out, but thanks to the sterling work done by George Hardy, who has been helping me with the reminders, we are up to October 2009 and hope to catch up completely by the end of next month.

Inevitably there are stories which will not be updated – about one in five, based on past experience. This may be because some men have simply got on with their lives and have forgotten what it was like to be a newbie, searching for some comfort; some have changed their e-mail addresses so they never get our reminders and some, sadly, may have passed on.

My purpose in posting this is twofold. If you have posted your story on the site and have not updated it for 12 months or more, could you please do so now, either by mailing me at terryherbert42@gmail.com (making sure you identify yourself with the same name you posted your story) or by going to UPDATE

Of course new posts are always welcome and can be submitted by going to JOIN US Newbies tell me that it is of great value to read these stories and in particular why a specific therapy was chosen and what the long term outcome has been. That is the value of old timers joining the site.

All the best

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS