Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Second phase of testing.

Well guys thanks for all you support last week after I was diagnosed with PC. Lats week I thought I was going to be having some major surgery or something and you guys let me know that I get take a bit of time and check out all my options. I have since had a CT scan of my pelvic area and today a bone scan. I got back to the Urologist on 3/4 for the results.

I have stayed in college but have not yet read the book my UR gave.

Pete

Re: Second phase of testing.

Suggesting you read everything you can find, it will become clearer after you see the controversies. This website has alot of great information, don't miss reaing it all. The uro-docs are trained at surgery and usually show their bias. Ask the uro-doc how definitive are those scans? Then verify what ever he says to you by reading plenty on PCa. Ask how do you determine which lymphnodes get sampled during surgery or do you sample any????

My brother is still considering his options 6+ yrs. later, he was diagnosed with indolent PCa, originally his doc said get surgery originally, but as my brother came back for psa tests, that message got changed. His psa never went above 1.0 and his stats were sane for W.W./A.S. Even with higher stats the rush factor is over stated, probably took a decade or more for PCa to show up and most people are found with lower risk scenarios. You will be surprized at what is told to you and what is not told to you in PCa. Everyone believes that whomever their doc is that they are an expert in PCa or shouldn't be questioned (wrong assessment for reality of what an expert is and what PCa is). Best to you the decisions are never easy enough.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS