Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Changes to the Website

I mentioned before I went on my crisp vacation that I was setting up some significant changes in the Yana site aimed at allowing me to process information more rapidly as the numbers grow and also to people to access the data I have more conveniently and quickly. Thanks to a very helpful contractor and some sterling work by George Hardy , who I cannot thank enough, the data is now all loaded and can be accessed here TREATMENT EXPERIENCE

Apart from the categories I included previously, I have finally got the Location (Country or State of residence) sorted out so it is easier for men to find and communicate with other men in their own country or state and I have also included an Update sort, so that it will be simple to see whose story has been updated lately. This will save me time in posting Update reports (and you time in reading them.)

As at the close of business today there are 1,022 stories. The man who have submitted them range in age from 34 to 78 when they were diagnosed. The median age for diagnosis is 57 - about 10 years younger than the median age for diagnosis in the US. The men had PSA levels in a range from 0.10 to 7,000 (Yes, seven thousand) with a median of 5.3 ng/ml. The median Gleason Score is 6 although there were many GS 7 scores. At each end of the Gleason range are 19 men with a GS of 4 or 5 (they would not be diagnosed as having prostate cancer in the US today) and 11 with a Gleason of 10.

The majority of the men chose Surgery (321 chose RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery) although there were some who chose Manual Laparoscopic procedures and 222 chose normal RP (Radical Prostatectomy). Radiation was the next most common choice with 175 men (104 chose EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment) and 69 chose Brachytherapy). AS (Active Surveillance) accounts for 98 of the entries, ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) for 92, PBT (Proton Beam Therapy) for 68 HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound).for 18 and Cryotherapy for 13. There were 17 men who were Undecided but who may have made their decision and not told me.

I hope the changes will help you access the site. I have tested what I can, but if there are any problems, please mail me Off List at terryherbert42@gmail.com

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS