Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Intrepid Traveller will be returning soon

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that Terry should be back in Australia on Monday 10th Jan - then will probably sleep for a few days,(well, he IS very old, you know) ready to catch up on all YANA business.

I hope the New Year has been kind to you all so far, but I do know that many of us have a difficult year ahead. I think that those of us who haven't ever had to return to treatment should feel blessed.

In my own case, I've enjoyed 3 years and three months off all treatment, but rising PSA now means scans are necessary, for the first time since 2005.

Am I worried? Nah..not really : )~
I feel well, and nobody can tell any of us what our 'normal' PSA level was in all those years of adulthood before we we were ever diagnosed, can they?

Maybe a lot of us had a PSA of around 10 for all those years, yet we were as fit as the proverbial fiddles.

Anyway, I'm sure having repeat scans is the way to go, determining IF there is a problem...rather than leaping straight back into Zoladex/Lupron injections.

Best wishes to you all,

George

England

Re: The Intrepid Traveller will be returning soon

Yes indeed I am back and slowly recovering my brain function. It seems that a 24 hour flight and a ten hour time difference results in portions of the brain being left behind and only getting here several days after my physical return.

I should be fully functional next week and be able to open up the update sections soon.

Anyone who is interested in seeing what I've been up to can go along to WHITE CHRISTMAS TOUR

All the best

Terry

Welcome back, Terry.

I've just looked through all those (186) photos.
Magnificent!

Now you've experienced so much time in the snow, I hope your curiosity is satisfied. I bet most of us here can't wait for winter to end!

After seeing such beautiful places in your album, I'd love to do that same trip - but only in the height of European summertime : )~

All the very best,

George

England

Thanks George.

Most of my brain seems to have caught up with my body now and I'm feeling almost normal. I'm hoping to be fully 'on deck' next week.

Recovery time from long flights and major time changes seems to be taking longer these days:-)

I can thoroughly recommend the trip we did, but I'd avoid doing it at the height of summer when tourists will be like fleas on a dog's back. By all means do it in Spring (that'd be my choice) or Autumn, when there is less traffic. If you choose the operstor we used - Scenic Travel - you'd be likely to meet a lot of Aussies, since it is Australian owned. They might lead you astray.

All the best

Terry

All the best

Terry

I really enjoyed viewing all your photos. My husband & I took a 6 week trip to Europe in 2009, right after his last Lupron injection. Your shots brought back a lot of memories: Rothenberg ob der Tauber (loved that town), Nürnberbg, Prague, all those little towns we saw on the Danube cruise. Except we did it in September - I'd highly recommend that time of year. Thanks for including the food shots too - got the gastric juices flowing :)

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS