Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

DAVID PURGATORY has had one of the worst experiences I can recall reading with his choice of RP (Radical Prostatectomy) which failed and salvage EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment)

JOHN HAYES newly diagnosed and undecided

EDDIE MURRAY diagnosed with a Gleason Score of 9 and chose RP (Radical Prostatectomy)

MAURICE CHEFMOSSIMOJ chose RP (Radical Prostatectomy) in the light of his familial history

ABDURRAHMAN OZAL reports a good set of PSA numbers after IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) with neoadjuvant ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy)

BAYARD SEYDEL chose RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery)

GREGORY FUREY has decided that AS (Active Surveillance) is his best choice

REMI MORRISSETTE chose AS (Active Surveillance) and has just had second biopsy – staying on the same path

ANTHONY WINTERER chose RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery) and adjuvant IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) and ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) after a GS upgrade to 9

DAVID MAZZOCCHI chose RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery) after being diagnosed at age 40

GEOFF BUTTFIELD on neo-adjuvant ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) ahead of EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment) and is battling with side effects

KENNETH BONES enrolled in trial with neo-adjuvant ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) ahead of hypofractionated IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy)

RANDY OGLE chose Brachytherapy

BRUCE ARMSTRONG it is unusual to read of a failed PBT (Proton Beam Therapy), especially from Loma Linda, but with a PSA of over 1,000 Bruce is trying anything

JP diagnosed in August 2010 and chose HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound)

MARK ALLEN is the one thousandth Member on the site – regrettably no big prize but this is a well told story of a thorough investigation of options and we wish him well for his RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) on December 1

UPDATES FROM MEMBERS:

BOB EYETAT somewhat nervously prepares for RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) on November 16

SCOT KINNAMAN has severe ED after his RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) and is considering a penile implant

GEORGE PIFER chose a combination of IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) and Brachytherapy and has some anal leakage issues after three years

MICHALE OEI chose RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery) and results are good – some ED issues

AL DILGER chose HDR (High Dose Radiation Brachytherapy) but now wonders if it was the right choice

GARY POWELL Silver Member eight years after his initial DRE (Digital Rectal Examination) now on his third round of Chemotherapy after failed RP (Radical Prostatectomy)

PAUL HED Two Star Gold Member has been successfully practicing what he calls Active Watchful Waiting since his diagnosis in 1998

CAMERON BISHOP Silver member diagnosed in 2003 continues his Watchful Waiting regimen with a PSA that has stabilized at a little under 9.0 ng/ml

GEORGE HARDY Silver member diagnosed in 2005 with a T4 staging and a PSA of 183.0 ng/ml treated with EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) and ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) has been on ADT vacation for over three years and has some encouraging words

AMADOR MONTEJANO moved to Taxotere after failed ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) and his PSA continues to rise

ERIC TAYLOR Gold member who had RP (Radical Prostatectomy) ten years ago for GS 9 diagnosis is still getting the most out of life, proving “There Is Life After PCa.”

JIM D chose RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) and is happy with the outcome – some ED problems remain after 12 months

RUSSELL DOUGHTY continues with his amusingly told story of his ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) and EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) therapy outcomes after being diagnosed in 2007

TERRY HERBERT although I was hoping for an ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) vacation to match my own vacation, no such luck with a stationary PSA

MARK MALDONADO after failed (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) and ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) he had EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) and Chemotherapy reducing his PSA but resulting in incontinence

ED HADDAD continues his at times amusing story of life after RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) with no side effects

ROBERT E sticking to his (AS) Active Surveillance plus Finasteride choice

KENT KING just past the first anniversary of his RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) and still recovering on the ED front with marginal incontinence

COLIN C made a somewhat unusual choice of ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) with adjuvant EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) but has a stable PSA and is taking an ADT vacation

JAMES DONAHUE coming up to two years since diagnosis and RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) still has ED issues

DAVID PRICE went for the ‘triple’ of HDR (High Dose Radiation Brachytherapy) plus EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) plus ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) and says so far, so good

PETE DONALDSON three years after his RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery) he reports undetectable PSA and no PCa related problems

MARK DENTON still upbeat four years after his RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy)

DAVID BAKER got on Provenge trial after failed RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) and ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) but PSA is on the rise again

HERB DICKER cannot believe how well he feels three years after his RP (Radical Prostatectomy)

MIKEY S twelve months after RP (Radical Prostatectomy) reports 100% recovery of all functions

RON VALDES one of the youngest Members, diagnosed in 20080 at age 39, is well and still using Testosterone supplements after his RP (Radical Prostatectomy)

CB BUNTING III had EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment) after failed RP (Radical Prostatectomy) and is on ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) for two years

AL YOUSTEN PSA down again 24 months after PBT (Proton Beam Therapy)

GREGORY WILLIAMS had EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment) after failed RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery) and has a rising PSA – is this a ‘bounce’?

CLYDE CLARK had a second biopsy which was negative and is happy with his position four years after diagnosis and choosing AS (Active Surveillance)

CHANGES TO THE SITE

I am in the process of making changes in the site aimed at providing easier navigation and making the handling of the evergrowing number of stories. The last two stories processed in this batch have brought the number of men sharing their experiences on the site and offering to help those who follow them to one thousand.

The first of these changes has been effected, which sees the site name changing from www.yananow.net to www.yananow.org – yes! Just the last three letters are different. But if you log on to the new .org site, you will find the pages load quicker and better. The old .net address will be kept going for the foreseeable future and will shortly redirect any logons to the new site.

I am going on holiday (i.e. vacation) in December and it will not be possible to submit any new stories or updates until January when I get back. Hopefully the new site will be re-worked by then and I’ll be able to open up the submission pages and get back to work.

If anyone wants to submit their experience or update their existing story before I go, can you please send in your stories before the end of November? I know it is a busy time for Mentors in the US, but ….. if it isn’t in by November 30, it won’t be in until January. The submission URLS are New Members and UpDates.

In case I don’t have time to post anything before I go, I’d like to take the opportunity of wishing you all the best for the Holiday Season and Low PSAs All Round for the New Year.

All the best

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS