Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Entries and Updates - and some bad news

LOST MEMBERS

Sad to report the passing of two Members earlier this year

RUPERT D although his initial diagnosis was not too bad, sadly his ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) failed to deal with it and he passed away in April

DEREK BIRD Gold Three Star Member who had a PSA of 145.0 when he was diagnosed in 1996 did not respond to an update reminder and I understand that he has passed on, possibly from a stroke

TIM THOMPSON chose PBT (Proton Beam Therapy) at Anderson and has almost finished his therapy

WLAD KRQ joins us from Poland with a brief story of RP (Radical Prostatectomy), EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment) and ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy)

SAM BING newly diagnosed and undecided

RICHARD WATT chose RP (Radical Prostatectomy) and is recovering

LYNN REID abandoned PBT (Proton Beam Therapy) after six sessions and took the (AS) Active Surveillance path - an interesting story indeed

UPDATES FROM MEMBERS:

ALAN J chose IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) plus ADT for his GS9 diagnosis and is a little concerned about a rising PSA – could this be linked to a rising Testosterone level?

TERRY C another Active Surveillance member whose second biopsy would be classified in the US as ‘no cancer found’

GEORGE L has finished his CyberKnife® therapy and is waiting to see his PSA drop

TREVOR TOOHILL has chosen surgery but because of a lack of RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery) experience has chosen the Manual Laparoscopic procedure

JIM WHELAN chose EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) and is now a bit concerned about fluctuating PSA levels

PHILLIP POPP dealing with ED issues after his RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) three months ago

HENK VAN DER WILK not far away from a Gold status this Silver Member ha been diagnosed with osteoporosis after ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) for failed RP (Radical Prostatectomy)

ROGER CARNELL one year after diagnosis and he finds the side effects from his Active Surveillance acceptable

RICHARD LEE having problems after EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) following failed RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) still on ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) with ED and no libido

GORDON MCLEOD still has an undetectable PSA in his seventh year after ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy), RP (Radical Prostatectomy) and Chemotherapy for a ‘bad’ diagnosis with a PSA of over 80 and a GS 8

ERIC GAMBLE one of our Platinum Members – diagnosed in 1994 with a GS 9 tumour at age 70, he is now 86 and the only side effect he complains of is a lack of energy after his EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment) plus ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy)

TONY SHORES concerned about his testosterone levels which have not recovered during his eighteen month Lupron vacation after IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy)

HANK HANCOCK still trying to establish why he has a positive PSA after RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy)

ED B still very happy with his choice of RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy)

JOHN H has significant incontinence problems after his RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) and is considering a sling or a sphincter procedure and is seeking input

RICH BROWN two years after RALP he has no major issues to deal with

JAMES SANFORD his PSA is still dropping after his EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment) and he is satisfied with his choice

JACK LONG three years after RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) he has some ED problems but they are not serious

ERNEST FRANK Gold Member still having problems with bleeding from IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) induced proctitis

FULLER JONES biggest supporter of PBT (Proton Beam Therapy) on the site reports he’s doing well three and a half years down the track

DERRY MOUNT discovered bone metastasis after rising PSA following combined EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) and Brachytherapy now on Lupron

MICHAEL KNIGHT is now ten weeks post RP (Radical Prostatectomy) and has some incontinence and ED issues but is concerned about the staples at the surgery site

JOE MC had his bladder and prostate removed after ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) for his GS 9 diagnosis and his wounds became infected – looking for input from anyone with similar problems

JERRY BRAAM his rising PSA after RALP (Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy) 2 ½ years ago may have been due to bladder infection – still using 3 pads per day

PETER BROWN going well after his ‘mixed grill’ of ADT (Androgen Deprivation Therapy) plus EBRT (External Beam Radiation Therapy) plus Brachytherapy

RALPH BESNOY eight years after his RP (Radical Prostatectomy) PSA is still undetectable for this Silver member

TOM LANCASTER is on an unusual therapy - DES (diethylstilboestrol) – after experiencing a rising PSA after EBRT (External Beam Radiation Treatment)

THOMAS HEHIR slight upward PSA at 6 months but staying with his Active Surveillance choice

I am now up to date with all entries that I have received. If you have submitted your story or an update and it has not appeared on the site or I have not acknowledged it, please e-mail me at terryherbert42@gmail.com

George Hardy is sending out reminders for men who haven’t updated In the last year or more – he is up to June/July last year. If you haven’t sent in an update for the past 12 months, please consider going along to the UPDATE PAGE and sending in your news – if you want to send in your story for the first time then JOIN US .

BUT........ can you please send in your stories before the end of November? I know it is a busy time for Mentors in the US, but I am going on holiday (i.e. vacation) in December and will not be processing any material until January when I get back, so the more I can do before I go the better.

I am hoping that the website can be re-structured for greater ease of operation and navigation while I am away so we can start the New Year off with the changed site.

All the best

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS