Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Unfortunate Demise of the Case Study in Medicine

Yes, Terry, I agree with George. An excellent piece.

I am just back from my one-year-after-diagnosis visit (My Story update to follow). I attempted to start a dialog with my urologist about how helpful your web site, and insight, have been. I no more than got out the words "I have found the web site run by a friend in Australia..." out of my mouth when he said, "You have to be careful what you read on the internet, you never know when you are talking to a pedophile." and he walked out the door.

Best to all from Roger in Indiana

Re: The Unfortunate Demise of the Case Study in Medicine

LOL- yeah the internet is all bad and you can never learn anything syndrome. Men are not capable of analyzing anything or sorting out anything on their own, they must be lead by an expert? When we look close alot of these 'experts' are biased, agendad and not totally well informed overall...maybe very good at their particular sales station in treatments (we would hope).

Dr. Strum helped make it very clear as to what the system shows us as 'experts' in many of his posts, writings, books and such. He has been proven right most often as I have witnessed in my many opinions and almost 9 yrs. of 'internet' and groups interaction. Dr. Strum just retired and mentioned that the collaboration theory amongest doctors is about nil from his skill sets, seems almost none of the local docs treating patients wanted to talk to him on behalf of their patients, whom wanted the collaboration effect. Everyone is supposedly all knowing and couldn't learn from someone like him whom have about 40 yrs. collectively in this area. You need to question everything and all the time, and get envolved in your own decisions...or be the door mat for whatever protocols. We can imagine how wonderful the US health care will become, it reflects the culture and society's thinking. We may be from the good old days at this juncture.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS