Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Palliative care- vs. treatments and options

Alan,
You might want to go to your local PC information/support group. I always find these meetings to be informative, uplifting & enjoyable.

You are alive 28 months after starting out from a not great prognosis and getting good response from the ADT. With aggresive treatment there is a reasonable chance you'll die of heart failure when you are 85 and not from PC. A fellow in our group started out at T4 14 years ago and is still alive.

You might think of trying an antidepressant. I know the lack of sex and having cancer does seem to be depressing after a while.

I am in the same position and wish i could say more to help. When i was diagnosed at age 58, i was told that i should look into hospice! I was never informed about the different med's, chemo etc. I have been on chemo and it has failed. I will be starting a new line of chemo in the coming weeks. Anti depressants have helped me so much. i feel great, but know that my body will only take so much. I really pushed for surgery and was told it was a waste of time and too expensive, now i wonder what if...... follow your instincts, they will guide you.

Thankyou everyone for your replies. To be honest I am not depressed at all. I certainly don't miss sex because I never think about it ever now. My wife greatly misses the passionate closeness. It's a terrible blow on a relationship that has always been so passionate. But like my wife says I am alive. I play golf, excercise daily, enjoy life etc. I was just going over in my head like Amador said if my treatment fails, and lets face it more times than not it does and like Amador I may say what if I had have tried radiation or something else............

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS