Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Inability to sleep after surgery

I will share my method for sleep inducement that has been effective for me for many years. Begin by breathing deeply.Continue to breath deeply while you
relax your muscles from head to toe one by one. Start with the upper portion of your body and progress downward neck,shoulders,arms, torso, etc. down to the toes. Clear your mind as completely as possible,i.e., no problem solving, no worrying and no reflection on the day's activities. Think[the color] black. All this takes a little time and practise, but eventually you will learn to relax all your muscles simultaneously [and therefore] quickly. The continued deep breathing is important and helpful.A total effort of this nature usually helps me fall asleep. On those rare occasions I am unsuccessful, I benefit from the time spent in an ultra-relaxed state as compared to tossing and turning and worrying about not sleeping. Some form of exercise during the day is helpful, but should be avoided late in the day. No coffee after 11:00 A.M. Try these techniques for a few weeks and provide us some feedback. Best wishes Don O.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS