Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does anyone have the weblink for the 24+ variant types of PCa??

I am LIVING proof that Michigan is a major center forinnovation in PC. Rick Profit, the head of a great non-profit organization entitled PAACT*, was a large help in arranging my special appointment with a true pioneer Dr. Fred Lee as well as a phone confab with Dr. Robert Leibowitz*. The night before I was to have Dr. Lee's patented color doppler ultrasonic procedure, I attended a PC meeting at Crittenton Hospital in Rochester Hills, Mi. where I met Dr. Fred Birch, a man that thinks outside of the box because of his immense DD into the latest treatments. Dr. Birch's mantra mostly consists of "PC is very complex and we don't KNOW enough about each individual's type of cancer and what works for each unique case".

Last but not least, Robert Parsons whom aided me days after my diagnosis in Dec of 08. He too lives in Michigan and has been an example of how we all can help each other. Without his support and guidance, I would never have attended the above mentioned meeting hosted by Dr. Birch.

BTW, I live in the land of THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES and drive to Rochester Hills, Michigan when I can save enough money to do same. My experiences at the OSU Hospitals were less than below par.

http://www.paactusa.org/

*http://www.ustoowichita.org/pdf/MEDICAL%20ONCOLOGIST%20BOB%20LEIBOWITZ.pdf

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS