Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I had no money, nor insurance BUT

I had help on these boards and that made all the difference. fear is defeated by KNOWLEDGE! I am living proof as my 1st PCA was 67 and doubling each month until I met the right DR.s. Without proper blood tests as well as a gleason score delinated by the best, no one can help and in my case Casodex alone dropped my 6 month, original catheter, out of my body.

I have learned much and my case is perhaps unique BUT, NEVER give up, be your own advocate through much DD/learning and INTERVIEW* all Dr.s about your specific case/knowledge please.

All was done without any assets or insurance. If I can aid anyone here, please advise.

* never be intimidated by any Dr., please record each visit, with permission, and then contrast and compare. When you 1st meet with any cancer Dr.s there is a level of fear that precludes one from an exact memory IMO.

Re: I had no money, nor insurance BUT

Andrew is quite right in what he says about the importance of asking questions, having someone along with you, recording consults (if the doctor agrees)and getting copies of all reports.

This advice - and other links and suggestions - are on the page SURVIVING PROSTATE CANCER

Terry in Australia

Re: I had no money, nor insurance BUT

We are all scared when 1st diagnosed and having recordings of all consults aid in planing future treatments,7 IMO.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS