Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Urethra Cystitus

Aloha,
Finally made progress (since April 2010) in identifying what is possibly happening. Several weeks ago, I suggested to my uro that I had Urethra Cystitus. She said that they (uro dept) had never heard of it, but said that was a fair description of what was occurring. She agreed to ask other treatment centers about this type of pain. I was also able to locate a fellow in England that describe the same pain and treatment attempts that had similar results.
So, hopefully when she gets back from vacation later this week, we can look at bypassing the urethra with a temporary pubic catheter. Perhaps this approach would give the urethra a chance to heal.
I'm beginning to loose faith in what I thought was fact, that after EBRT, healthy tissue will recover. I guess that the EBRT dose was just too much for my normal tissue.
Joe

Re: Urethra Cystitus

Aloha,
Has anyone had the suprapubic catheter procedure which bypasses the urethra?
How long does it take to get back to work after the procedure?
I'm scheduled next week for this SCP.
Thanks,
Joe

Hope this helps you, Joe.

If you go back to the Website and enter suprapubic catheter in the Site Search engine, you'll find the stories of four men who have written about their experiences with this device.

If you enter supra-pubic catheter in the search engine you'll get another ten stories.

Good luck

Terry in Australia

Aloha Terry,
If the info is in there, I could not find it, even after reading many of the stories. Just not the kind of detail info I was looking for. Nothing about the procedure, or how long before I can get back to work. I did see one reference to urine bypassing the catheter and another that provided a valve on the out end of the catheter which would make it nice to take a shower, without the catch bag.
Thanks,
Joe

Joe,

What I meant by my suggestion was that once you had identified the men who had used supra-pubic catheters, you could mail them with your questions. That's the way the site works!! (or is meant to!)

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS