Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Health insurance

Joe thanks for some places to investigate the insurance company called today turns out it is a age increase wait till they see the biopsy bill just came in the mail today $5600 I feel the next conversation will be very interesting.Just my guess.

Aloha Bob,
I belong to an HMO, Kaiser Permanente. My costs before turning 65 were about $225/month. Check with your small bussiness association or local BBB for membership in some offer health group coverage. Look at national clubs or organizations, they usually offer health coverage.
Joe

Bob, I am a health insurance broker in California and know people in the industry in several states. If you can post what state you are in, maybe I can direct you to someone who can consult with you and help try and save $$$ while maintaining the coverage you need.

I have an alternative method, that will help to control PSA and maintain quality of life.Also your worry about insurance will decrease, as you start to feel the benefit of pranayam.
Active Surveillance (AS) is the option for you.The following pranayam will help to control the PSA and any cancer present in the body.You can keep checking the PSA regularly, and as you are doing something active to fight the Pca, you and others around you will feel good and let you continue with AS.
The body can control and fight any health condition - it just needs help, and that help is extra breathing to have extra oxygen in the body cells.

The Yog Pranayam (breathing exercises) are:
Build up your timing gradually.
If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril
then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Tips : Breathe into lungs not into stomach. Do not hurry. Do it slowly. Rest whenever needed (in any pranayam).Can be done in sitting position, standing or lying in bed(if bed-bound).Try and do pranayam before meals.
How does it work:
Pranayam is about getting more oxygen into the lungs and sending it around the body via blood to aid in body repair. With extra oxygen more platelets and red blood cells are formed in the blood to build up the immune system.All this happens naturally without side-effects.People with all types of ailments including incurable ones will benefit.
Tell the medical advisor that you are doing pranayam and also tell others. Only by trying you will discover the benefits.
Keep doing kapalbhati(15min) and anulom vilom(15min) once a day after you are completely well for the rest of life to keep the body healthy. You will notice many improvements in your body and mind over time.
Keep doing pranayam for at least 30 minutes a day after you are well to stay healthy.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS