Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Example of one of the longest living mets patients...Dr.___?

That would be Dr. Fred Lee inventor of cyro surgery method, expert color doppler sonographer and long term PCa survivor himself. We are talking 25 years total of known mets (25 yrs.), incredible and he is 80 yrs. old and still practicing medicine in Michigan 2 days a week. He takes or did take emcyt (estrogenic for his control)...hhhmmmm...most docs think it is junk too! (most likely I should say).

Google search his story: as 'Dr Fred Lee prostate cancer story' the link is something like www.rochesterurology...---

My PCa support group local meeting by my open mined onco-doc, had Dr. Bob Baladament guest speaker, he is friends with Dr. Lee and is the writter of his google searched piece I mentioned on his history/case. He stated Dr. Lee is 25 years of known mets in PCa...probably historical to some degree, how many mets patients are 25 yrs. and still going.

I find it fascinating his drug choice...know anyone else using this???? How many docs would prescribe it?
Is it wise to go outside the box in PCa???? Are their patients whom have this pioneer spirit?? You decide!

Re: Example of one of the longest living mets patients...Dr.___?

Just wondering if Dr. Lee was/is using the estradol patches or the DES route?

Don K.

Read about emcyt (estramustine) (capsules):
cost in Canada in USA dollars (cheaper source than USA) Costs: 140 mg 100 count= $300
200 ct. $550

Read about emcyt at:
www.hrpca.org (Proven Treatments tab and read on)

Very interesting no Lupron or LHRH and such on his journey that we know of, is that a clue? I find that real interesting, I doubt he flipped a coin when choosing this (LOL).

Dr Lee's story is HERE

As you will see he had failed Cryotherapy and EBRT (External Beam Radiaiton Therapy)

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS