Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 4th cranial nerve palsy

John,
I certainly had something similar, though not just after my surgery. While awaiting my surgery date, two or three weeks before I woke up at night and was shocked to have very blurry vision. I blocked each eye in turn to make sure it was both, it was. It did a gradual clear up over about 5-10 minutes. Two days before surgery I did an afternoon nap and woke up with the same issue. I went outside and everything proceeded as in the prior event. I had a moment of thinking that I should alert the surgeon, but after discussing with my wife and both of us not wanting anything to interfere with the schedule, I said nothing. Scary though.

No recurrences in the three years since. My personal analysis was that it stemmed from a postural situation while watching the TV, seated or lying at an angle. At that time I was having nasty lower back issues, so I was lying down frequently. I've avoided that TV setup since then. I am quite sure it was a nerve impingement, though I figured it to be an upper cervical nerve. Although my optometrist as well as my GP have had no experience with this problem. It's most likely that I am susceptible to something like this due to my specific anatomy and history.

This is in line with Terry's suggestion, that a postural issue during surgery, or in the week thereafter could have triggered this event if you were susceptible to it.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS