Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ADT side effects

Joe thank you for your reply, the first urologist, who also did my biopsy, was not keen to operate and sent me to an oncologist for a second opinion, after 1 3/4 hours with this man where he painted in plain and concise language what I faced, the options and the outcomes, I went home to chew over for the weekend as to the treatments available and the consequences of the various treatments. I decided to take the ADT, bracytherapy HDT & EBRT as this seemed the best way to kill all the cancer, my CT scan and bone scan was clear. The oncologist agreed with my choice and that in his opinion this would achieve the best outcome.
I have yet to see him again as to the necessity of ADT for 18 months, this opinion was given to me by the 2nd urologist that I saw, he is the one that will be doing the bracytherapy.
The side effects of the ADT if I know the mood swings will lighten or desist with time I will tough it out, the general tiredness? or lethargy? I can endure,the joint pains I have to wait and see if they worsen I train 4 nights per week, I hold a 3rd degree black belt in martial arts and instruct 2 nights per week the other 2 nights I am a student of ju jitsu, I am 64 years of age. Diet reform is something I went into almost immediately and feel that this has helped somewhat if only to give me a focus on something apart from my fears and woes.
I have yet to travel as far down the road as you have and can't help but be aprehensive as to what may happen to bladder and bowels, of course I have utterly no libido nor erectile function, this has not helped with those bloody mood swings, I do miss those intimate moments with my wife.....sorry just had a mood swing... must go now

Brisbane Australia

Re: ADT side effects

Aloha Warwick,
You've done your homework.
Exercise has/is playing a large part in my recovery. Hope you have understanding friends.
Hang in there,
Joe

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS