Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back Pain

Anybody have any good lower back pain relief ideas??? Surgery in 2004 followed by Salvage radiation in 2008. Started intermittent ADT in 2009 and now I am getting some awful back pain that won't go away. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.Scheduled to go on off phase of ADT in September as long as PSA is still low.

Re: Back Pain

A good quality TENS machine can be useful.

Aloha Terry Kuhn,
Back pain is real difficult to pin down and can be (as Sandy & I found out) as simple as incorrect sitting posture the night before in a sloppy chair. This tends to be chronic, because you are sitting watching the boob tube every night.
Some times we look for complicated answers, when the most simple answers are really the cause.
Are you doing some basic exercises to strength your back, perhaps getting the better half to rub oil and then get a good night sleep, on a stiffer bed and good support pillow.
Hope you can work this out as chronic pain can be a real bummer.
Joe, Hamakua Coast, I love it.

I'm sure you are on it but what is your PSA and when was it last checked?

Frank
I'm sure you are on it but what is your PSA and when was it last checked?
PSA undectectable as of April 2010

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS