Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hot Flashes

I have recently had a radical prostatectomy, and since then I have been experiencing hot flashes very frequently, as a much as 12 times a day. Before surgery I was on Casodex and also Zoladex. This is very distressing, can anyone offer any suggestions on how to cope with this situation?

Re: Hot Flashes

Winston,
I put a fan with a remote control where I read and watch TV. I always wear a very light shirt and a jacket that I can remove easily. I generally run a 90 minute cycle. About 85 minutes of being too cold and 5 minutes of way too hot. It is hell trying to get a good nights sleep.

I've been thinking of getting some SSRI's like Prosac which are supposed to stop hot flashes for most men but haven't tried that yet.

Re: Hot Flashes

If you are still on Hormone therapy then their are some medications available to stop the hot flashes, ask your oncologist. It you stopped HT then they should dissapear within a few months.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS