Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My dads story-So far anyone familiar?

Hi and thank you so much for sharing your story with us. My fiancé JUST started chemo today. He's 50 years old(as of Jan 4th) and was diagnosed March 3rd 2010 with stage 4, gleason 5+5 = 10, and at the time, his PSA was 94. He had to do a TURP procedure and got the biobsy results that way, long story short.

Started on Casodex 50mg March, then got the Lupron injection (11.25mg every 3 months). In April his PSA was .4, then on May 10th it was 2.0, and May 19th it was 5.0. It's moving fast. His oncologist really stresses the fact that Bill is an extremely rare case. Meaning, his age and how sudden and aggressive the cancer was.

If you'd like to read his story, it's on Prostate Cancer Foundation's Facebook. Here's the link and hope it helps you somehow. I've been looking around to see how many other people have a similar situation as Bill's.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/topic.php?uid=17561285115&topic=16202

Here is a message I recieved from Prof. Gerry Potter, the creator of Abiraterone Acetate, which I am undertaking at the moment with successful results.
I suggest that you find out if Salvestrols is available, where you live. Check out in Google "Salvestrol Case Studies" for information on this medication. But like all medications, talk to your Oncologist first, before taking it.

Dear John, as you might imagine since i invented abiraterone 20 years ago that i might have made further discoveries since then ! And indeed I have. The most important has been the discovery of Salvestrols which are non-toxic natural molecules thet selectively destroy cancer cells by selective tumour bioactivation with the CYP1B1 enzyme (a realtive of the CYP17 enzyme that abirterone targets). These are effective against all forms of cancer. Since Salvestrols are natural food based molecules I have been able to formulate them as aproduct without the need for clinical trials, since i understand how lengthy th howe trials process is and also how urgent the need for effctive therapy is. Personally i do not know anyone with cancer since my friends who had this disease have recovered with salvestrol therapy. The problem is because they are produced as a food product rather than a medicinal product we cannot legally advertise the products for cancer. Thus the news can only be spread by word of mouth or on the internet. So if there is anyone out there with cancer soread the news on salvestrols. Our latest product that is recommended is called Salvestrol Platinum, and this should be taken at 1 capsule. The dose can be increased to 3 capsules daily for advanced cancers. We have also developed a cream, Salvestrol Gold, for skin cancer.These products are avilable from www.salvestrolnaturalproducts.com in the UK, or www.salvestrol.ca in the US. For further info you can google on "Salvestrol Case Studies"

Sounds promising... I will talk to the oncologist! Thank you John!

Something seems a bit dodgy with this stuff. The site that you can buy silvestrol from refers to a University of Sutherland that doesn't exist in wikipedia (although it has a nice web site page)and the word silvestrols desn't come up in PubMed literature search and PubMed has research papers on all sorts of standard and alternative medications. I thought I might buy some but I don't think so now.

Here is a message I received from Prof Gerry Potter, the inventor of Abiraterone Acetate and the discoverer of Salvestrols.

Reply by Prof Gerry Potter on May 27, 2010 at 5:56pm

Dear John, as you might imagine since i invented abiraterone 20 years ago that I might have made further discoveries since then ! And indeed I have. The most important has been the discovery of Salvestrols which are non-toxic natural molecules thet selectively destroy cancer cells by selective tumour bioactivation with the CYP1B1 enzyme (a relative of the CYP17 enzyme that abirterone targets). These are effective against all forms of cancer. Since Salvestrols are natural food based molecules I have been able to formulate them as a product without the need for clinical trials, since I understand how lengthy the trials process is and also how urgent the need for effective therapy is. Personally I do not know anyone with cancer since my friends who had this disease have recovered with salvestrol therapy. The problem is because they are produced as a food product rather than a medicinal product we cannot legally advertise the products for cancer. Thus the news can only be spread by word of mouth or on the internet. So if there is anyone out there with cancer spread the news on salvestrols. Our latest product that is recommended is called Salvestrol Platinum, and this should be taken at 1 capsule. The dose can be increased to 3 capsules daily for advanced cancers. We have also developed a cream, Salvestrol Gold, for skin cancer. These products are avilable from www.salvestrolnaturalproducts.com in the UK, or www.salvestrol.ca in the US. For further info you can google on "Salvestrol Case Studies"

They are explained in detail at http://www.theshenclinic.com/en/treatments/salvestrols

I will leave the decision up to you and your medical team, as to whether you decide to purchase them or not.

If you require any further information on Prof Gerry Potter then just Google his name.

Re: Salvestrol

John,

I believe that your posts on salvestrols are made in a genuine desire to provide information on a subject which you accept and do not breach the ‘no commercials’ rule, but I am somewhat concerned about the lack of any demonstration of the value of salvestrols apart from the statements from the man who makes and sells the product, like this one

Since Salvestrols are natural food based molecules I have been able to formulate them as a product without the need for clinical trials, since I understand how lengthy the trials process is and also how urgent the need for effective therapy is. Personally I do not know anyone with cancer since my friends who had this disease have recovered with salvestrol therapy.

That kind of vested interest and statement usually points to a pretty dodgy product and can be seen in connection with many other products that, despite claims made have not demonstrated any real value.

One site I found says: Research has shown salvestrols can destroy cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. but fails to mention what the research was, who carried it out, what proof there was that this claim was accurate. It may be that the research was based on what are termed in vitro experiments where compounds are tested in Petri dishes. We know that very few of the observed results in such experiments result in viable treatments.

I think that anyone considering using salvestrols should read articles like this one TRADEMARKED SCIENCE TRADE-OFFS and do more research on the alleged value. As the legal maximum has it: Caveat emptor – Let The Buyer Beware

All the best

Terry in Australia

Hi Terry,

Welcome back, I hope you had a great time on your holiday.

I have always been a sceptic when it comes to natural medicines, as my wife knows, because she has tried them on many occasions over the years, with mixed results.

Regarding my post on Salvestrol, You are right in assuming that I am only trying to help people, with information on what is on offer, to maybe treat people who are infected with Prostate Cancer. What impressed me about Solvestrol is who discovered it and the case studies I found on the internet, of its success in treating people with Terminal Cancer. i.e. http://www.hans.org/magazine/278/Nutrition-and-Cancer-Salvestrol-Case-Studies and http://www.natuurdietisten.nl/files/Salvestrolen%20case%20studies4.pdf admittedly the last link was written by Prof G Potter and Prof D Burke, both of whom have a conflict of interest in promoting this treatment.

I am in no way promoting or endorsing this product, I am only passing on information provided to me by Prof Gerry Potter, maybe because I am on the Phase 3, Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Abiraterone Acetate (CB7630) Plus Prednisone. Trail, which he invented and to which my untreatable prostate cancer is responding to, I may be biased.

Like all treatments and medications available, it is up to the individual to do their own research and make the decision as to whether they wish to pursue them any further or not.

The link you provided seems to base its conclusion that is quackery, on the fact that both Prof Potter and Burke are a part of the company that has been formed to produce and sell this product. I may be wrong but I cannot see any thing wrong with the fact that they should be able to market a product that they themselves have discovered and researched over many years. Both men as far as I can find out, are ethical scientists, with years of research into treatments or a cure for cancer.

John,
In Australia.

Yes, we had a grand time, thanks John.

We all interpret things through the lens of our own experiences and there seems to be nothing that is easily found on the subject of Salvestrol that is not authored by Dr Potter - both references you gave have him as author.

So essentially we have a man, who no doubt genuinely believes that his latest discovery is even better than his previous one, and so he promotes it as a cure without any proof that it is. Why, one may well wonder, did he go the distance with trials and studies for Abiraterone Acetate and not for Salvestrol? THat doesn't make much sense to me.

The anecdotal evidence in the links you gave are far from convincing - at least for me because I have seen dozens of such examples of claimed cures for any number of compounds and treatments, all with anonymous but amazing recoveries......but with no evidence that these recoveries were in fact due to the compound or treatment claimed.

If they did experience a 'cure' could this have been spontaneous regression rather than Salvestrol? I wrote up a piece in December last year which anyone interested can find by putting spontaneous regression into the search engine on this forum. In my last post I quoted from an Study Suggests Some Cancers May Go Away in the New York Times series on Cancer.

It refers to a study in Norway – those darned Scandanavians!! – and it says in part …new study, to be published Tuesday in The Archives of Internal Medicine, suggests that even invasive cancers may sometimes go away without treatment and in larger numbers than anyone ever believed.

All the best

Terry in Australia

Let's do a simple reality check.

If someone has discovered a cure for cancer(or even something that would stop it for even 10 years in 75% of cases) they would get a Noble Prize and be the richest person in the world already.

On the other hand I do drink pomegranate juice in the blind faith that it works too ;-)

It always helps to have something to believe in just don't spend too much money on it and make sure to tell your doctors.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS