Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Urethra & sphincter pain

Aloha,
This past couple of weeks, starting with mild pain, especially when passing a very small amount of urine, has as of last night turned into a constant, level 3 pain throughout the length of the urethra, and a level 5 pain with each release of urine. I was able to get back to sleep with one Tylenol 650 mg.
Searching this site, one other site, and the web has not turned up very much on this subject.
This condition probably started last Nov-Dec with two cysto's, the first to identify where the very dark urine came from and the second cysto (operating room) to sample dark spots in the bladder and remove a bladder stone.
It is real easy to imagine that my urethra & sphincters are on the verge of falling apart. It is difficult to hold very much urine during the day, and when I leak a little, it hurts and I've got to release it. My regular uro doc was out today and the one I talked to was not helpful.
My previous beliefs about healthy tissue recovering from EBRT/IMRT are sorta coming apart.
Anyone been here before? Any comments?
Joe

Re: Urethra & sphincter pain

If you have an artificial sphincter (AMS 800) it is a sign of erosion and must be treated immediately. Otherwise, it sounds like a urinary infection or STD which must also be treated immediately.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS