Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interesting example of Rick K.(USA)-'Leibowitz protocol'~14 yrs.+

I don't disagree with what you mentioned, but his psa was high at 11.0 which is a factor in that mix. Plus his PCa did seem to return, but about 13 yrs. later and now resuming ADT3 for 2nd round. Based on what happened in his case, I might presume it was good he did not do watchful waiting/surveilance.

But I agree that watchful waiting/surveilance is useful and sane in some cases(my brother is 5 yrs. at such now), and I supported you and did so years ago and still do, because that is a persons choice and option, maybe when one should change over from doing such is the hardest part to determine. What I think is more insane is surgery on indolent PCa patients whom want it all out(who doesn't) and don't realize at any stage there is no guarantees..we see some very low stats patients with recurrance...just hope they realized up front the 'no guarantee' and real side effects issues that can be permanent or devestating.

My own opinion: Question everything on PCa is always in the patients best interests, just because someone is a doc, does not mean they are an expert in the whole disease(let's include Leibowitz too). Ask about your lymphnode sampling or removal(s) prior to surgery and listen closely and compare to others and then see what Dr. Walsh would do. That might start a further educational process. I don't profess to know anything, I do see many reasons to question plenty.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS