Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Husbands Advanced Prostate Cancer Question

Nae:
First of all, the scan that showed resolution of metastases is superb. Stable psa at any level is also excellent. That is some very good news. Other drugs before chemo include Leukine injections, estrogen and its analogues, thalidomide or its brand Revlimid. There are others so keep the faith. He has already surpassed the doctor's prediction, so THERE!

I didn't get a chance to read your email JohnC, until we came back from the oncologist. His advice was simply stay on the meds Bob is on because as you put it, a stable psa is an excellent psa. Thank you, it just put the biggest grin on my face after weeks, months, years of stress.

So we will see the doc again in May unless Bob's psa triples or something, his oncologist does want him to have a bone marrow... any thoughts on that? I had one for my leukemia and it was so painful, but I don't have the "bad kind" apparently.

I keep you all in my prayers and stay strong....even if it means being angry... or wait is it: even if it means never having to say you're sorry ... allright, I'm old and confused.
xoxoxoxox Nae

Have you looked into DES, emcyt, or estradiol patches, they can work on hrpca's on most patients, how long is next question. I believe my stats were maybe worse than your husbands, it has been 8 yrs. since diagnosis and currently doing well-well, subject to change anytime of course. DES has helped me and beat ADT3 big time as to results, effects, I did ADT3 for 2 yrs., read my story in mentors section under radiations (Rob Parsons, Michigan)

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS