Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Public Health Disaster

Wrong

Forget about early detection, just wait for symptoms which in the huge majority will never arise and if so can be treated with either hormones or TURP.

Some tumors behave agressive from the early onset and are deadly, they cannot be cured by local therapies

As pointed in the article as well it is impossible with blind random biopsies to separate the tigers from pussycats, since the sample is not representative of whats really in there. Undergrading and overgrading are huge as compared with RP specimens

Best regards,

Henk Scholten, The Netherlands

Re: Treatment vs waiting

Assuming you've had treatment, would you make the same treatment decision today given the recent wave of opinions suggesting waiting?

Without a doubt I would follow the same path!!

The thing with PC is you suddenly accept what you have and then go forward with your choice of treatment which maybe has taken a lot of heart searching to get to.
I would go down the same route again as I just wanted the thing out of my body whatever the extra things I had to deal with. Not for everyone but I have always been a secret worrier and happier knowing it has (hopefully) gone from me.
good luck

david

Having been diagonosed with PCA and being the type of person who beleives action trumps inaction in all parts life, I am pleased with my decision to have RRP. Fortunately, my side affects have been very, very minimal.

When I see Dennis Hopper at age 73 dying of prostate cancer, I feel pretty good about my choices.

That said, some day, there will hopefully be better tests allow us to know which PCA needs treatment and which we can die with.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS