Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone had soreness and pain with localised advanced prostate cancer

What Hormone treatment is he taking?

When you say he has localised advanced PCa that has spread out of the Prostate, where has it spread to?

What scans did he have to see what was causing the pain? When did the pain start?

As far as I am aware (and I may be wrong), It is not normal to experience pain from just the Hormone Treatment. But the biopsy is another matter, but it has been over 3 months since his biopsy and other than an infection in that area, any pain associated with the biopsy should be well and truly over by now.
Is he passing any blood in his urine and is he having trouble passing urine, especislly in the morning and is there any pain?

Maybe a second opinion is in order.

John Farrow
What Hormone treatment is he taking?

When you say he has localised advanced PCa that has spread out of the Prostate, where has it spread to?

What scans did he have to see what was causing the pain? When did the pain start?

As far as I am aware (and I may be wrong), It is not normal to experience pain from just the Hormone Treatment. But the biopsy is another matter, but it has been over 3 months since his biopsy and other than an infection in that area, any pain associated with the biopsy should be well and truly over by now.
Is he passing any blood in his urine and is he having trouble passing urine, especislly in the morning and is there any pain?

Maybe a second opinion is in order.

Apparently it is soreness from the biopsy. Been given some cream by the nurse and ointment.Glad we have managed to get to the root of the problem as he starts his radiotherapy next week.

Thanks for both messages.

I was on ADT 2 years after radiation and Avastin. I had and still have, various pains in all sorts of places in my lower parts. I think anything is possible with this stuff. If the pains are steady I would mention it to the doctors.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS