Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Article in UroToday.com

Aloha Gary,
I'm impressed. The article seems to provide logical answers to some perplexing/unknown sequences of events. It would also seem to mean that Orchiectomy is not necessary. I do not know if stopping flow in the testicular venous drainage system has other side affects. Perhaps, given time, the path to PCa will become known with more articles like this.
Joe

Interesting article leading me to an interesting theory.... I wonder if this explains why some men get a higher PSA reading after bicycle racing/riding and some do not. I made sure not to ride my bike in the week before a PSA test and it did seem to give me lower PSA results; and in the end I did end up with prostate cancer. If you have weak valves then the pressure on the scrotum from biking might drive the high concentration testosterone back to the prostate causing cancer.

Interesting reserach. Does the treatment for correcting the FT backflow require surgery?

Thanks.

Thomas

This could well be linked to my PCa. I was diagnosed with varicocoeles 2 years before PC.
The Israelis have been running clinical trials to look at controlling early PCa by fixing the spermatic veins as the paper references:
"Patients with varicocele in whon early prostate cancer will be found will undergo venographic embolization of both spermatic veins. The study hypothesis is that this procedure will induce a gradual regression of the prostate volume that may decrease prostate cancer cells. Close follow-up will ensure that necessary therapy will be provided if needed according to clinical criteria. Results in terms of prostate size PSA level and tumor size will be recorded." This could be a major breakthrough in understanding and treating some forms of PCa. Looking forward to their results

Does anyone know what "venographic embolization" is?

Thanks.

Thomas

I believe that would be when they go inside the vein and block off the blood flow in some fashion.

If anyone pursues this with an early stage diagnosis I would appreciate knowing what happens. My window of opportunity has closed but there would appear to be a benefit no matter what your stage.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS