Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lupron

n/a,

The worst side effects only become apparent after it is too late, namely osteoporosis. So whenever on lupron you should protect your bones.

Josh

n/a you ask

anyone out there only experience mild side effects

You can read my reaction on my story, but here are some relevant extracts - the first was after my first shot: the second after my third:

As is so often the case in life, the contemplation of the effects of ADT was considerably more worrying than the reality of the treatment - for me at least. I have had no serious side effects that I can notice. A bit of a tendency towards a feeling of sadness at times perhaps, but that's about it.

I am having some slight side effects developing. I'm losing body hair, my skin is softer and I'm having difficulty in maintaining my weight. Hopefully that won't get worse.

I am now back to normal - or what passes for normal for me!

Side effects vary considerably - my GP, who is a pretty down to earth man - says that many reported side effects are due to the fact that the person expected to have them and so did have them. He is not suggesting that all side effects are in the mind, but feels that, especially as we age, many of the curious things that happen to our bodies are not remarked on as much as they are if we are on medication.

I hope your worries are not realised and that you get by with a milnimum of reactions - you can help yourself by eating well, exercising, maintaining a positive outlook.

Good luck

Terry in Australia

I agree totaly with Terry. My husband has been on Zoladex for nearly 20 months now. He has not read about possible side effects and is oblivious to them. He has lost body hair but is overjoyed that his "bald patch" on his head is disappearing.His libido is zero which is very sad but there is no other option. He maintains his weight with regular exercise and playing golf. Exercise is so important. It gets the endorphins going which makes you feel good. My husband is a prime example of don't read too much about side effects or they will happen. Yes, his body has changed but he is still the same wonderful man.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS