Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Involuntary Muscle Jerking

Wendell,
I had symptoms like that not too long after my diagnosis, and I was worried that it was cancer doing some dirty work on the nerves near my spine. But it turned out to be just run of the mill spinal issues that I worked through with exercises and alignment corrections. I think it unlikely that any medication such as lupron would be a cause. I sure hope it is just a spinal alignment issue with you too. I also noticed that when I was depressed about my situation my core muscles would slacken and allow alignment problems to occur.

For clarity, the nerves to the muscles emerge from the spine at various points. Hand and arm muscles will twitch if the nerves emerging from the neck (cervical) are impinged upon and then send intermittent signals. For the legs the exit points for the nerves are low in the back (lumbar). But the problem with the alignment is often not where the affected nerves lie. An alignment problem in one area can throw off the spinal alignment in other areas as the spinal muscles try to compensate. I got a twitching triceps issue fixed by an alignment correction near the shoulder blades (thoracic).

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS