Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tumour old or new.

Thankyou for your very kind reply Terry. I think I may have the dates mixed up a little. It was in 2003 at the age of 60 when he was first talked out of having a psa test, then again in 2006 at the age of 63. in 2008 he demanded a test and his gp did a dre and said his prostate was enlarged but still no psa test was done but was referred to a urologist where 6 weeks later a psa was done. 3 days later the urologist called my husband at home to say his result was a little high and 3 days later had a biopsy. result gleason 4 + 5. 11 of the 12 samples cancerous. We have seen an oncologist who agrees with his urologist and says no operation or other treatment except zoladex, although his urology nurse suggested radiotherapy. If only they had taken a 2nd psa before treatment then we would have known if the psa had increased in that 10 weeks. Too late now. Its only after reading many stories on this site that I have found out that many men have a psa test between diagnosis and first treatment. Had I have known we would have demanded it.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS