Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Casodex breast lump

I've been on low-dose casodex for about 6 weeks. I knew to expect breat tenderness, and I had nipple soreness from quite early on. But I've also noticed a palpable 'lump' under my left nipple. It's a palpable flattish lump - is this normal?

Re: Casodex breast lump

Not that I'm aware of, suggest that you have it checked out, men can get breast cancer to, just be on the safe side and get it checked.

Good Luck.

Thanks John, and I'm doing so. But I never had it before I took Casodex, so unless there's a 'Casodex causes breast cancer' thread I've not seen, I'm fairly sure it's not that.

David you can avoid the tenderness and the discomfort of the breasts caused by Casodex. Have been on intermittent on Casodex for the last 9 years. Every time I re-stary the Casodex I take 20mg Tamoxifen for a month.This has helped me tremendously. About the lumps I have not heard anything them

Lenny
Israel

Thanks for the tip Lenny. I'm seeing my onco in a couple of weeks. He's already assured me by email, that the hardening under the nipple is relatively common, and nothing sinister. The tenderness isn't anything significant - I think I'd prefer to live with it than take yet another drug!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS