Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Penis Flatulence after Prostatectomy?

Well, that's a first for me Isaac. I'd be most interested to know if anyone else has observed this phenomenon.

It is true what the first oncologist I saw told me - you learn something new about the disease and its treatments every day!

I don't mean to alarm you but I think you might have a fistula. The term fistula means "pipe". You could possibly have a small connection between your urethra and colon causing the gas to migrate out your penis. It happens sometimes after abdominal surgery. Something at least to talk to your doctor about. Good luck.
Martha

Martha is correct. Gas should not be coming out of your penis and the fact you have had a prostatectomy (it can also happen with radiation) leans toward the suspicion you have a small fistula. You should see a doctor about it as you really don't want anything from your colon finding its way into other parts of the body, with the risks of infection that that carries.
There is a bit of reading here:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/117781.php
Good health,
Bill

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS